Calendar of Feasts and Festivals
- Cabanaconde’s anniversary02/01/2016
- Feast of the Virgin of the Candelaria02/02/2016
- Holy Week25/03/2016
- Book Day23/04/2016
- Feast of the Virgin of Chapi01/05/2016
- Labor Day01/05/2016
- Mother’s Day08/05/2016
- Peru’s national flag day07/06/2016
- Inti Raymi (Cuzco)24/06/2016
- Feast of St Peter and St Paul29/06/2016
- Anniversary of the Kuntur Wassi Hotel07/07/2016
- Feast of the Virgin del Carmen16/07/2016
- Peruvian National Independence Day28/07/2016
- Anniversary of Arequipa15/08/2016
- Feast of Santa Rosa of Lima30/08/2016
- World Youth Day23/09/2016
- First day of Spring23/09/2016
- Feast of San Pedro de Alcántara08/10/2016
- Anniversary of the Battle of Angamos08/10/2016
- Feast of the Señor de los Milagros (Lord of Miracles)18/10/2016
- All Saints Day01/11/2016
- Feast of the Virgin of the Immaculate Conception08/12/2016
Advice for the Visitor
- Do not hire any tourism services on the street but only in an authorized travel agency.
- Make copies of your passport, travel tickets and credit card numbers, and consider leaving your personal documents at your hotel and taking copies with you.
- Ask where the insecure areas are in each city you visit and try to avoid them, especially at night. Also ask about the best hours to visit tourist attractions.
- Bring warm clothing for highland and mountainous areas, light clothing for the jungle, and a combination for the coastal deserts and inter-Andean valleys, where there is a significant diurnal temperature range.
- When you visit archaeological sites that are distant from the city, don’t stray beyond the authorized trails and respect visiting hours. .
- Take care when changing money – stick to bureaus de change or banks, and be sure to ask for your receipt.
- Never accept requests to carry baggage or packages from strangers – it is better to be impolite than to expose yourself to situations with potentially drastic consequences. Also do not leave your baggage in the care of strangers – if necessary, ask security personnel for assistance.
- Check timetables in advance and avoid hassles and extra costs. Be aware of check in / check out times, departure and return times for excursions, the first and last services for public transport, and the closing times for offices, shops, etc.