KUNTUR WASSI HOTEL
The Kuntur Wassi hotel opened its doors on the 7th of July, 2002, with the aim of offering top quality accommodation services and providing support and advice to visitors. Kuntur Wassi is located in Cabanaconde, a key destination in the Colca Valley tourism circuit. It is the closest 3-star hotel to the Cruz del Condor, and is the gateway to the trekking and adventure tourism trails in the Colca Canyon.
To be a leader in our field and the most preferred hotel in the Colca Canyon area for the quality of our services, and to achieve national and international recognition.
To offer high-quality services to our guests and to make their stay in the Colca an enjoyable and unforgettable experience.
The Kuntur Wassi hotel maintains a philosophy of treating the environment and natural resources with care and respect. We seek to respect and integrate with the local culture; this is why the hotel was designed to fit in harmoniously with the landscape and was constructed with materials found locally in the Cabanaconde areas. We support sustainable tourism in the following ways:
- We use solar panels to heat the water in the bedrooms.
- We help support biodiversity, respecting local culture.
- We promote local development through the sustainable management of natural resources.
- We have created programs to raise awareness of environmental care, working with the local population.
- We create awareness programs for the care of the environment interacting with the population
- We invite our staff and visitors to participate in environmental conservation activities.
- We provide information to our visitors about protected areas, and we encourage them to visit and help protect these areas.